In this July newsletter
- Notable Announcements
- A Message from the Chairwoman
- Profile: District Committee Member Kris Karamo
- Candidates in Various 14th District races
- Letter to the Editor: Eugene Greenstein Op-Ed for Trump
- Right on 14th Podcast (Being Remodeled)
- Democrat Senator Debbie Stabenow “Votes for Us” in Washington
- Reminder About Membership
- Trending News Links
- No July, August or September regular meeting of the 14th District Republican Committee
- Next District event will be the September 9 “Welcome Back Picnic” at Tompkins Community Center in Grosse Pointe Park. Hold the date. Details to follow.
- July 4: Celebrations throughout the 14th District and Michigan; click here for the list.
- July 6: Televised debate with U.S. Senate candidates Sandy Pensler and John James; check your local TV schedule for details
- July 9: Lakes Area Tea Party at Big Tommy’s Parthenon located at (40380 Grand River, Novi) begins at 6 p.m. and features U.S. Senate Candidate Sandy Pensler and MI House Candidates Turner (38th), Tatulyan (39th) and Banerian (40th).
- July 16: Oakland County Young Republicans meeting at Rosie O’Grady’s in Ferndale starts at 6:30 p.m. with speakers TBA. Call Shawn at 248-978-6120 for details.
- July 21: Founders’ Day Parade features Farmington Area Republicans joining the parade; learn more here http://foundersfestival.com/
- July 23: Wayne County Republican Committee hosts a free outreach picnic from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Taylor Senior Center, Troy Road in Taylor
- July 30 to August 1: World Premiere dates for Dinesh D’Souza’s next blockbuster movie called “Death of a Nation”; learn more here https://www.dineshdsouza.com/
- July 31: OCRP 400 Club meeting will feature three Michigan pollsters to discuss the upcoming primary and general elections; learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 7: Michigan Primary Election---Vote to get the RIGHT candidates on the November ballot
- August 16: County Convention; mark your calendar
- August 25: State Convention in Lansing
A Message from the Chairwoman
Dear 14th District Executive Committee Members, and fellow Republicans;
Senator Debbie Stabenow needs to go. Check out her recent votes below. She is a total obstructionist to the Trump agenda. OK, she may not agree with President Trump. Everyone can get that. But she did not vote to confirm a single Trump nominee for ANYTHING. That’s just being an obstructionist. Against all judge nominees, against Pompeo who will help bring peace to the Korean Peninsula, against
We all need to tell our circle of influence that Stabenow needs to go. Michigan wants progress and not plain old obstructionists. Let’s end this career politician’s run in November! Dump Stabenow!
Oh, and “remember in November” that not a single Democrat voted to allow taxpayers to keep more of their own hard earned earnings!! Not one! We need to tell our friends, coworkers, neighbors that Senator Debbie Stabenow joined with all Democrats who voted NO regarding Trump’s historic tax bill. Remember in November!
From all that was reported to me, the recent event in Troy that featured Diamond & Silk was a yuuge success! They are two funny gals!
Can you believe that Facebook blocked their site as they did not meet “community standards”? What? By now, we know that just means Facebook dislikes conservative anything. Thanks to Michigan Trump Republicans for bringing Diamond & Silk to Michigan.
Below in this newsletter you can see a list of candidates that have some or all of their political area in the 14th Congressional District. We worked hard to create this list, but if we missed anyone please let me know asap so we can do an update. Each of these candidates needs our support! They have entered the arena to campaign and that is tough work. Send a check or even better VOLUNTEER to help out their campaign!
Next Regular 14th CD Meeting: October 9, 2018
Enjoy the summer break as District meetings take a few months off, but please stay engaged with our candidates!!
14th District Chairwoman
email - email@example.com
Like our Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/mi14gop
Website - 14cd.com
twitter - https://twitter.com/
586 917 6118
Profile: District Executive Committee Member Kristina Karamo
When Kristina Karamo was in high school, she took a debate class in 2001 and began to realize how most people were being lied to by omission.
One of her classmates had friends in the Israeli Defense Force. After the terrorist attack of Sept. 11, that classmate talked about how the media would lie about Israel and cover for the Palestinians. How the Palestinians used humans, especially children, as shields.
“In that class I had the topic of debating about weapons of mass destruction,” she says. “I was arguing for them. It was a quote from Osama bin Laden saying they (Muslims) wouldn’t stop until every Christian, Jew, American and European was dead. It was like the Democrats were completely unwilling to admit that there is a religious battle happening. And radical Islam was determined to kill everyone who wouldn’t submit to their vision.”
It was like a snowball accumulating size as it was rolled.
“It seemed like everything that was or is bad for our country Democrats supported,” she says, “from abortion, their hostility to Christianity, globalism, socialism, unions bullying people to join, traditional marriage, etc.”
“When I was 19 and in college I felt like so many people didn’t get it. I thought sitting with my friends and complaining was stupid and pointless. So I decided to get involved. I joined the College Republicans at Macomb Community College. I then volunteered on Dick Devos’ gubernatorial campaign (in 2006). I also was part of Oakland County Young Republicans.”
Now 32, Karamo is an Oakland University graduate and on the faculty at Wayne County Community College. She lives in Pontiac with her two daughters who are her “biggest motivators to work towards making America a wonderful place to live. What motivates me above all else is that I want to live a life not afraid to meet God. I want Him to be proud of me, for helping to make the life of my fellow man better.”
Karamo is currently running for Oakland County Commissioner “because, I would like to see more economic opportunity in Pontiac. I found it very frustrating that citizens have to go far from home to find sufficient, well paying jobs.”
She is co-host of the 14th District’s weekly podcast Right on 14th which tackles the great partisan issues of the day.
Karamo believes that to grow the 14th District Republicans need to engage people on the street.
“The media have given us such a bad reputation, that many of us are uncomfortable talking to people informally,” Karamo says. “We must attend political events in our district. Visibility is extremely important, and when people see us out doing positive things that help others, that will help.”
Candidates in Various 14th District races
With election season in full gear, we are attempting to keep up with all the candidates for nearly any position that touches the 14th District. Likely we will miss some so please let me know asap of any omission(s). We want to support ALL our wonderful candidates.
It is HARD work to enter the field of politics and all who do need to be respected for the commitment they make. Here is a candidate list (as best as we have it) as of publication date of this newsletter.
Marc Corcoran for election to the Michigan House (District 1). Marc regularly attends District meetings and is known to many on the 14th District Committee.
John Palffy for election to Michigan House (District 2)
Linda Sawyer for election to the Michigan House (District 6)
Mitch Swoboda for election to the Michigan House (District 37)
Ryan Berman, Philip Hoyt, Marsha Kosmatka, and Kevin Tatulyan for election to Michigan House (District 38)
Malissa Bossardt, Paul Taros, Joe Zane, David Wolkinson, and Mike Banerian for election to the Michigan House (District 40)
Lisa Papas and John Hauler for election to the Michigan Senate (District 2)
Boris Tuman for election to the Michigan Senate (District 11)
All these candidates will need our help to WIN in August and November . If you do not know how to connect with any of these candidates connect with me. I will be happy to get you connected!
Letter to the Editor: Eugene Greenstein Op-Ed for Trump
Republican activists are encouraged to keep the conservative voice in the media’s mailbox (if not in their coverage). To that end, 14th District activist on many fronts Eugene Greenstein wrote an Op-Ed for the Jewish News in support of President Trump. In part his Op-Ed says:
“There have been a number of op-eds and articles in the JN this past year critical of President Trump and supportive of the Resistance Movement. I am proud to say I was and am a Jewish Trump supporter.”
Read the entire Op-Ed here https://thejewishnews.com/2018/06/07/in-support-of-trump-jewish-trump-supporter/. Please forward this Op-Ed using to social media, email or snail mail to distribute this very well written piece to all your friends. Thanks Eugene.
As the election season is in full gear, remember that you, too, can get your views known. Try it. You’ll be surprised what can happen!
Right on 14th Podcast (Being Remodeled)
The 14th District’s podcast named “Right on 14th” is being remodeled. Kris Karamo (Pontiac) is in charge of the “remodel” project. Two drivers created the opportunity for the rework after the podcast’s initial successes.
First, one of the founders (Mike Parr) relocated to live outside the District. Second, with more familiarity about the podcast format and capabilities, Kris and her team will transition to doing some in studio shows and some “on the road” shows that will be more video focused.
Stay tuned as the podcast gets reshaped.
- Watch live go to Facebook https://www.facebook.com/righton14th/
- Like the podcast on Twitter at https://twitter.com/RightOn14th
“This tool will allow us to expand our content with information about events or topics of interest to everyone in the 14th District,” said Karamo. “If you have ideas for a show, please send to me!”
Democrat Senator Debbie Stabenow “Votes for Us” in Washington
Michigan will elect a U.S. Senator in 2018.
Let that sink in. We have a chance to alter the direction of the USA.
To help educate Michigan voters, the 14th District Monthly newsletter summarizes selected issues on which OUR current Senator actually voted. In November 2018, informed citizens will decide if she votes for US or for a Democrat party that is completely out of touch with citizens.
Of course, President Trump already helped us see that the problem is, in fact, out of touch politicians. Does the word obstruction best describe her “work” for us? Look at her votes and decide if she is working to advance America or to advance something else!
After considering her positions, please feel free to call her office at 202-224-4822 to express your thoughts:
- Senate Motion 80 passed 50 to 49 with Stabenow voting AGAINST. This approved James Bridenstine as the NASA Administrator. Has Stabenow voted for any nominee?
- Senate Motion 82 passed 50 to 47 with Stabenow voting AGAINST. This approved Stuart Duncan as a judge for the Fifth Judicial Circuit. Has Stabenow voted for any nominee?
- Senate Motion 84 passed 57 to 42 with Stabenow voting AGAINST. This approved Mike Pompeo as Secretary of State. Has Stabenow voted for any nominee? Maybe she’s against peace in the Korean Peninsula, too.
- Senate Motion 87 passed 62 to 34 with Stabenow voting AGAINST. This approved Kurt Engelhardt as a judge for the Fifth Judicial Circuit. Has Stabenow voted for any nominee?
- Senate Motion 89 passed 49 to 46 with Stabenow voting AGAINST. This approved Michael Brennan as a judge for the Seventh Judicial Circuit. Has Stabenow voted for any nominee?
- Senate Motion 85 passed 56 to 42 with Stabenow voting AGAINST. This approved Richard Grennell as Ambassador to Germany. Has Stabenow voted for any nominee?
- Senate Joint Resolution passed 52 to 47 with Stabenow voting FOR. This would re-imposed the Obama era “net neutrality” rules which would put the federal government in control of the internet. Finally something Stabenow is for---government control.
- Senate Motion 98 passed 50 to 48 with Stabenow (back in character) voting AGAINST. This approved Mitchell Zais a Deputy Education Secretary. That’s a big one to be against.
- Senate Motion 95 passed 53 to 45 with Stabenow voting AGAINST. This approved John Nalbandian as a judge for the Sixth Judicial Circuit. Has Stabenow voted for any nominee?
- Senate Motion 101 passed 54 to 45 with Stabenow voting AGAINST. This approved Gina Hespel as Director of the CIA. Has Stabenow voted for any nominee?
- Senate Motion 94 passed 77 to 21 with Stabenow voting AGAINST. This approved Joel Carson as a judge for the Tenth Judicial Circuit. Has Stabenow voted for any nominee?
- Senate Concurrent Resolution failed 21 to 76 with Stabenow voting AGAINST. This would have required the federal government budget to be balanced in five years by reducing projected spending by $13 billion compared with current levels.
Reminder About Membership
Are you a member of the Republican 14th Congressional District? Or want to join us? You have two options to join or renew your membership:
- Snail mail your $25 membership check to c/o 14th District, 2630 Birch Harbor Lane, West Bloomfield, MI. 48324 (checks made payable to the 14th District).
- Online Renewal - https://mi14gop.nationbuilder.com/donation.
Your dues and other fundraising activities support Republican candidates and organizations in the 14th Congressional District.
Trending News Links
- See Ford’s vision to recreate the Michigan Central Depot
- Jobs that will disappear
- Radio advertising?
- Divorce, women and money
- America’s best national parks for camping
- Michigan’s five scariest spiders
- One bad employee can spoil the whole team
- Michigan's hidden summer gems
- Ford's next city of tomorrow